The Utah State Board of Education may grant an educator one of the following education licenses:
Professional Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the State established competencies to be an educator.
Associate Educator License – a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
Local Education Agency (LEA)-specific Educator License – a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of State and Internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements.
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations.
- Educators with expired Utah licenses.
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing.
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program.
Terra Linda may employ individuals holding LEA-specific Educator Licenses, as well as Professional and Associate Educator Licenses, as outlined below based on the employee’s FTE:
|Terra Linda Elementary||Elementary||2.6%||0.0%||97.4%|
Jordan School District Policy DP379-LEA-Specific (Jordan) Educator License Requirements
Utah State Board of Education Utah Educator Look-up Tool